JNO-102 is an entry-level test that validates the skills and knowledge for Junos Operating System. With the domination of the Internet culture, IT industries require networking innovations that are highly efficient. A certified Juniper Network Associate possess the technical proficiency internetworking basics as well as in routers and switches common to Juniper product usage.
The exam coverage for Juniper JNO-102 are the basic configuration techniques for Junos
Fundamentals in networking, operating system, maintenance and monitoring. Having no pre-requisites itself, the test is an essential requirement for those candidatesaspiring for the advanced level Junos certification exams to further enrich their IT accreditations.
Why is this exam required?
Juniper JNO-102 is required in the global environments that rely on the Internet for day-to-day function. It tests the candidate's ability to operate the networking system efficiently and can provide solutions that are adaptive to Juniper products and services.
The successful network associate can pursue the following IT careers:
- Networking Support Technician
- Networking Field Technician
- Entry-Level Support Staff
- PC Technician
- Helpdesk Staff
- IT Network Administrator
- Juniper Networks Certified Associate Junos require the basic comprehension skills in operating the SRX Services Gateways in Juniper Networks gained through the Introduction to Junos (IJOS Course).
- JRE or Junos Routing Essentials course polishes the configuration skills in basic routing objectives, policies and firewall filters.
- The Networking Fundamentals course provide network learning that covers all aspects of Internet functions and communications with the use of WAN and LAN technologies.
There are no pre-requisite certifications to gain access to this exam. It is an entry-level certification test that serves as an initial step to higher-level Junos qualification requirements. The exam warrants the candidate's eligibility to make use of Junos OS and networking preliminaries.
Objectives of the Exam:
The various sections of the exam assess the capabilities of the candidate to handle networking solutions and suitable strategies to keep up with the indispensible Internet culture. The candidate must demonstrate exceptional skills in running the operating system for Junos devices and perform the basics in Routers and Switches. The proper maintenance techniques and monitoring Pass4sure JN0-102 devices are tested to validate their talent in recovering, installing, and upgrading Junos software technologies.
- The intensive learning in the Networking Fundamentals determines the function of different networking concepts such as the following:
- IPv4 and IPv6 Essentials
- Ethernet Networks
- R&S Functions
- Broadcast and Collision Domains
- Address Resolution
- Layer 2 Addressing, IP Addressing
- Subnet Masks
- Converting Decimal to Binary
- Protocols (Connectionless vs. Connection-Oriented)
- Longest Match Routing Techniques
- Super-netting and Sub-netting
- Daemon Protocols
- Processing Exception and Transit Traffic
- Packet Forwarding and Routing Engines
- Software and Device Architecture
- Junos Portfolios
- Forwarding and Control Planes
- Determining Login Class and User Accounts
- Perform Initial Configuration Methods
- Perform User Authentication
- Configuring Archives, Rescue, syslog, NTP and SNMP
- Determining the Properties and Types of Interfaces
- Perform Tracing and Logging Techniques
- Default Factory Settings
- Filtering Firewalls
- Routing Defaults
- Unicast RPF
- Determining the structure, terms, actions, criteria and types
- Evaluating the result of filters on packets
- Evaluating the result of policies on routing tables and routes
- Export/Import Policies
- Static Routings
- Forwarding vs. Routing Tables
- Instance and Preferences
- Packet Forwarding
- Output Filter
- J-Web Common Core
- Command Line Interface (Mode/Help/Function/Navigation)
- Configuring Candidate vs. Active
- Load/Compare/View Configuration Files
- Save/Manage/Modify Configuration Files
- Previous Configuration Revert Action
- Installing Junos Operation System
- Monitoring and Showing Commands
- Using SSH, Ping, Telnet, Traceroute Networking Tools
- Recovering Root Password
- Power On/Shutdown Junos Devices
- Interface Errors and Statistics
- Upgrading Junos Software
A certification in the chosen field warrants the skills of an IT Professional.There are many rewarding careers thatawaita certified Juniper Networks Associate. Due to the inevitable challenges in the Internetwork industry it is important to have Networking Engineers to fulfill the challenging roles in various fields either of a Computer Technician, Helpdesk Specialist, Technical Support Representative or an overall IT Administrator.