Cisco 642-997 Data Centre Unified Fabric test is aligned with the Cisco's Certified Network Professional for Data Centre qualification. The exam shall assess the comprehension in DCUFI Implementation in the concepts of virtualised network, management, architecture, high availability features and security.
Most IT organisations give utmost value to those with higher accomplishments. The exam ensures that an IT Professional befits the role of a Cisco DCUFI Specialist. System engineers have the ability to install, perform and execute Cisco MDS, Nexus Family Series, SAN environment among many others. A sufficient knowledge in network protocols is essentially required.
Why is this exam required?
A profitable career in the Information Technology segment is oftentimes associated with the type of credentials an individual carries in his or her portfolio. To become a Data Centre specialist, it is imperative to demonstrate proficiency in implementing features in a Cisco Data Centre Environments and Architecture. Data Specialization examines the proficiency of a Cisco Partner in incorporating the products, technologies and solutions offered by Cisco. This specific exam is designed for Data Centre Professionals who pursues to design, implement virtualization awareness, convergence, and network scales applied to their data centre network. The certification acquired through this exam allows an IT professional to be branded as;
- Cisco Consulting Systems Engineer
- Cisco Technical Solutions Architect
- Cisco Partner/Integrator
- Cisco Data Centre Unified Fabric Support Specialist
- CCNP Data Centre Certification
It is suggested to have at least attended a training or background knowledge in Fibre Channel Protocols, Switched Fabrics, SAN Environments, Networking Protocols and CCNA DC qualifications.
Objectives of the Exam:
The 642-997 Exam coverage requires the examinee to identify the Cisco Data Centre Architecture with accordance to Nexus products, MDS, SAN network, NX-OS Unified Fabric Features. This test shall determine how the candidate can manage and implement security on CUF products. The pursuing candidate's skills in implementing network virtualization and high availability features are tested as well. The candidate who qualifies shall be referred as Cisco Data Centre Unified Fabric Support Specialist. The test format consists of an estimated seventy-five questions with a ninety-minute timeframe. Discussed below are the detailed analyses of the Pass4sure 642-997 Cisco DCUF exam:
- The test covers the skills on implementing Storage Features based on Cisco Data Environments. The candidate must be capable to execute the following in a specific job task:
- DCB Features, Cisco Fabric Services
- FCoE, MultiHop
- Vsans, NPIVs, NPVs
- Define dedicated vs. shared ports
- Define Fibre Channel Protocols
- UCS Platform's connection with the networking infrastructure
- Advantages and features of the Nexus Line
- Basis of Network architecture on Nexus products
- Basis of SAN Networks on MDS products
- NX-OS Features (High-Availability/Scalability/Unified Fabrics)
- Cisco Nexus Products
- Identify between Ethernet and Fibre Channels
- VM-Fex, VDC, Adapter Fex, VN-Links
- VCentre manager integration with Nexus
- LISP, QoS, MPLS and OTV
- Multicasts, Layer 2 and 3
- Integrated Security Features
- CTS, RBAC, AAA
- Non-Stop Forwarding Implementation
- Fabric Path Implementation
- FHRP Implementation
- Port-Channels Implementation
- vPC Implementation
- The candidate must be capable of implementing ‘Callhome', cfs, Scheduler, netFlow, EEM, Licensing, CMPs, and xml
- The examinees skills are tested in managing Unified Fabrics with the use of DCNM LAN and DCNM SAN and must know when to implement SNMPs
With the emergence of various careers relating Information Technology in this globally competitive Industry, it is hard to tell who amongst the individuals have the precise qualities for a specific job role. It is a cutting-edge requirement to seek for those highly qualified prospects bearing an accreditation to warrant his or her skills. A Certified Cisco Data Centre Specialist will hold positions in different organisations looking for IT Professionals to become Technical Solutions Architect, Consulting Systems Engineer or a Cisco Integrator and Partner.