Cisco 642-457 Exam, otherwise known as Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager is aligned with the CCNP Voice qualification test. The skills are examined on ways to implement Cisco Unified Manager Solutions. This will be based on a multi-site environment. The candidate must be able to configure survivability in case of WAN failure on remote areas. It may require establishing a dial plan and implementing solutions to manage the bandwidth that substantiates the IP WAN.
Major IT organisations require CIPT 642-457 exams for qualifications. Given the necessities of communication in every business, it is important to have the presence of experts in this certain field.
Why is this exam required?
The Exam consists of an estimated sixty-five questions based on CIPT2 modules with version 8.0 and an allocated timeframe of one hour forty five minutes. It is an essential requirement to have experts in managing communication solutions in different environments. This exam is beneficial for those who pursue further enhancement on their skills in CCNP Voice and become an expert in communications as;
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Communications Specialist
- Communications Technician
- CCNP Voice is associated with Cisco's 642-457 exam that warrants a network professional's ability to establish manageable, scalable and transparent solutions
- Other associated with this exam include TVOICE or Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications v8.0 (642-247) and CIPT1 or Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager (642-447).
It is recommended to have background knowledge in any of the following:
- CCNA Video
- CCNA Voice
Objectives of the Exam:
The exam aims to test the candidate's knowledge and skills in implementing and defining centralized call processing. They have to configure or describe fail-over device, survivability call, Remote Site Telephony and Fallback Operations. In this exam it will demonstrate how the Call Admission controls and bandwidth management have to be executed when necessary. The examinees need to classify the purposes of gatekeeper and configure alternate routing, locations and regions. Their strategic skills are assessed in implementing RSVPs, MTPs and transcoders. They have to define issues with multi-site dial plans and globalized call routes as well as to execute numbering plan for multi-sites.
- Implementing Mobility Features covers configuring Mobility on Cisco Extension and Unified Communications Manager Devices.
- Among the configurations to consider are the following; Multi-site Music On-Hold, Locations and Automated alternate routing
- Configuring service advertisement frameworks such as call control discovery, client control and forwarder.
- Configuring regions, call survivability, MGCP fallback operations and tail-end hop offs
- Configuring Cisco unified communications manager to allow redundancy
- Configuring Cisco unified survivable remote areas telephony operations
- Define gatekeeper functions
- Implement gatekeeper-based admission controls, SIP Preconditions and RSVP Agents
Meanwhile, CCNP Voice verifies expanded skills and comprehension necessary to converge into the basic networking architectures. Moreover, it provides the most substantial capabilities to implement, troubleshoot, configure and operate integrated IP Networks. It emphasize on Cisco Unified Communications Manager / CallManager QoS or quality of service, IP phones, gatekeepers, gateways, voice applications and Cisco utilities such as Catalyst Switches and Routers. The troubleshooting and integration of Cisco Unified Communication Applications are likewise included in the CCNP Voice particularly the Cisco Unified Presence and Cisco Unity Connection Applications.
A Cisco affiliated Professional have the ample opportunities in the globally competitive IT Industry. Every organization seeks highly competitive individuals to fulfill certain specific job roles. It is a common knowledge that Cisco is one of the leading providers of certified outstanding professionals in various fields in Information Technology. For that reason, the Cisco 642-457 ensures profitable careers as Communications Technician, Communications Specialist or a Cisco Unified Communications Manager.